PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 11:24
comet 4b623PW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read in the Daily Telegraph that Paul Charles, A Virgin spokesman is quoted as saying "We don't recognise the dismal performance experienced by BA during the first quarter. It is actually BA's waning popularity that is partly responsible for the actual sharp drop in profits."

I personally feel that many people in the regions out side the south east would agree with this statement.

It seems BA intends to withdraw another MAN-LHR flight, down to just 8 flights a day on week days. Given that LHR caters for a lot of business passengers I find it surprising that it did not decide to withdraw a LGW rotation instead.

To me this decision to withdraw the LHR flight seems at odds with BA's desire to try and feed as many passengers as possible through it's new terminal 5, even in today's environment of economic slowdown, and from December increased competition from the railways which will offer up to 3 services a hour.

Surely all this is going to do is push more of the north west buisness passengers to use other airlines and their respective hubs ,which further under mines T5 and BA.