PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 16:02
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR

Well I didn't think ABZ would escape BA's cuts & it hasn't. Upwards of 60 flights cut from the winter schedule. Wonder how that compares in proportion to GLA/EDI.

Edit:
Well not surprisingly, being reported that ABZ is worst hit out of the London-Scotland cuts, 6.5% of flights axed from the LHR winter schedule (how do you get 0.5%??), having previously axed LGW. Can't say I'm surprised to be honest. Seems BA is no longer committed to serving the north of Scotland - ironic that the oil industry is booming up here, yet the main link to LHR for onward connections for that industry is being cut.

I doubt the axed flights will return if there is an upturn in the world economy, BA will likely use the slots on what they see as more lucrative long haul.

Easier to cut back ABZ, then axe it totally, which I think is coming. Those who think that ABZ is always adversely affected in any delays etc will have more ammo today.

Maybe some will disagree, but maybe it is time to wave bye-bye to BA at ABZ, they have been reducing their presence over recent years, culminating in losing LGW earlier in the year, ground/handling ops last year & now this announcement.

Should we be worried if BA finally pull out of ABZ?

Last edited by Richard Taylor; 2nd Aug 2008 at 07:41.