PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Captains
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 00:43
icanfly2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for a Stance

It is time that we stop getting shafted by these DEFO's and Rapid Commanders. I say they are barred from joining the AOA, their acceptance of offered employment terms and conditions is and will continue to be detrimental to our case and future negotiations.

The "Oasis" recruits who have really it all up are people who don't even want to be working at Cathay, so pack up and piss off. If the management think that they will be hanging around for the long haul forget these guys just want income while they tidy up affairs in HKG and move on I mean it would have to be a short term thing if you agree to work under those conditions. I love that fact that all us other employees sit there with reasonably stable rosters, very nice housing allowances bigger than their salaries!! They obviuosly have no self respect or just like the backdoor.

Further to barring them from joining the AOA it is time that the union stood up faced the music and represented the group, we don't need massive number we simply just negotiate for ourselves and AOA members only (non union on your own and no free riding). Then the numbers will come flooding back especially when the company only gives payrises and better conditions to approx 60% of the workforce. This decreases the company expenses by not having to paying out to everyone and it is not really a problem cause there is so many CoS pay scales out there anyway!

One can hope!