PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 30th Jul 2008, 19:37
preduk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daria,

I don't believe you have the experience or knowledge to slag those pilots who decide to do it the integrated route or those that wish to jump straight into the airlines.

I understand you have an interest in local flying but at the same time you need to understand that different people want different things. I would much rather fly an Airbus or a Boeing than Twin Otter, not because I don't appreciate the skill and knowledge required to fly a twin, but my ultimate goal in life is to fly these aircraft and so it would be common sense for me to try and get onboard of these aircraft as quickly as possible using the quickest route.

I'm not trying to suggest integrated flying is the best route, but many people get stuck in the integrated routes because of the shiney new aircraft, the fancy name and fantastic marketing. It doesn't make them fools.

I personally am doing the Modular training route, with the ambition to fly large aircraft as quickly as possible with a large airline. Not that I would turn down a job with the likes of Loganair though