PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 30th Jul 2008, 15:16
p1lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been on this website for years, and I now realise why...some people are full of jealous, chip on shoulder sh1te, to be blunt!

Being an airline pilot is a very serious career and one in which learning is a career long process. The most important part of this ongoing knowledge building process is the foundation...ie initial training. This cannot be gained as the result of a part time hobby or after work activity, it is in itself a full time job. Anyone who aims to gain "the knowledge and skills to pass the ryanair interview" has completely missed the point, the aim is to know as much as possible to be the best pilot possible. Aim high and back youself, don't plan for if you fail, go and make sure you don't, whats wrong with aiming to go straight on to jets, go work for it and make it happen.

My whole point is this...go to the best school to receive the best possible training, put your head down and put all your efforts into training rather than trying to save money and spending time coming up with crazy images of integrated students who have it all handed to them. In doing that the job opportunities come automatically because you have earned them. For people who have gone in with this philosophy and who have found themselves in the position of having to spend more money at the end, then this is something they deal with if it arises, at least they tried.

In summary...stop whining, gossiping, scrimping, scraping and speculating, go out and train to be a pilot and if you are good enough the opportunities will be there at the end, dont aim to fail.