PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Captains
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2008, 02:52
treboryelk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hit the nail on the head there retread7......i have heard many complain about how those taking ASL positions in the 90's delayed command by years and that they should have morally done the right thing. have to admit, if there was a job available and i needed to provide for the wife and kids, i would take the job rather than think "oh my, let me lose my entire livelihood so someone else can get a command".

these guys are taking the jobs because the system lets them.

personally i think it sucks. DEC's delays those cat A'd for the freighter....that in turn delays passenger 400 commands...the whole thing has ground to a stagnant halt for the FO's and SO's. but come on guys, there might be a few oddballs in those new recruits, which we suffer day to day anyway in CX, but cx is to blame for this mess not them.

a simple question to answer.....would you refuse to take a job offered to you by one of the few airlines in this planet that can ride the storms, and hence stick those $'s in your bank account every 26th of the month, just so that your mortgage and livelihood falls apart for the good of those awaiting command. we can ponitificate, call moral high ground, but we all know the resounding answer from all of us is NO WE WOULDN't