PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of the J-visa.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 06:35
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Wigwamwilly,

I went through (THRU) my posts. All words in English strangely enough.
I do agree that using few less frequent words, long sentences and writing style more suitable for book does indeed expose me to such comments of yours.

I shall not become sycophant condoning your supercillious attitude and remarks (I AIN'T GONNA BE YOUR BROWNNOSER).

I did profoundly apologise for my use of plethora of words. (I SHOULD USE PLAIN ENGLISH)
I insisted it had not been due to certain nocturnal (NITE) habits.
I should therefore keep track (TRAK) of my word count.

Americans rape Queen's English as well - not just non-native speakers.
I should avoid describing you or giving my opinion since you speak for yourself 'loud and clear'.

Almost ON TOPIC:
IF American student can't train with FAA CERTIFIED instructors (due to language), then I believe it is not so much of a problem of them. Everyone speaking English as foreign language is entitled to an accent. Surely, too strong or people not understanding them can cause problems. Also, you should doubt the school employing such instructors IF they REALLY speak JIBBERISH.
If foreigners don't understand Scottish, Ohio or Tennessee accent, it's their fault. If English speakers don't understand English spoken with strong accent, it's foreigners' fault again. How convenient.

ON TOPIC:
DPH, I mentioned that the US gov't used such wording 'intent' etc before regarding curtailing J1 visas for flight students to 18months or 1 month of 'practical experience' for every 3 or 4 months of instructing.
Hard fact is that they stopped authorising more schools and screwed over Quantum before they officially stopped doing so.

If it all goes through in 2010 or around that time, I can see more students from Europe simply getting PPL, IR and hourbuilding as fast as they can. Less spending on living in the US with high expense for aircraft hire. It may not be that easy for rotary if schools would require more experience to rent helis for extended XC. Not to mentioned need for instructor for maneuvres.

Whatever happens, it won't be pure disaster but rather obstacle for helicopter pilots starting career.