PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to shed 2000 jobs
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2008, 00:56
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF guys will be driving it and not too long after JQ ( a year or two) as only the first 15 787-8 go to JQ and remaining go direct to QF, then 2 years in (assuming timeline sticks) JQ then get the better suited 787-9 for their operation (15 also) and the initial 15 x 787-8 goes to mainlin for domestic ops I think??
TMAK, I have to agree with the statement "assuming the timeline sticks", also with the assumption if the "old" flying plan is also to stick.

Whilst I dont admit knowing exactly what the flying plan is for the larger Qantas Group. I do know that the flying plan is continually being reassesed & what was the case at 10th July 2008 is again under review.

So to trust a delivery schedule for the 787 & where they will go to, dated prior to 10th July 2008 may no longer be the case. Hey, we all know things change in aviation at an ever increasing & acclerating rate.

I did however have the opportunity to meet with JB some time ago, he reiterated the reason mainline pulled out of some of the international ops was QF mainline was unable to operate daily services due unavailability of aircraft at that time. Hence being unprofitable on those routes. With more airframes & newer, more fuel efficient aircraft, wouldn't the reverse be true?

MC

Last edited by Mstr Caution; 27th Jul 2008 at 06:16.