PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Ryanair Pilots: What is wrong with the landings?
Old 26th Jul 2008, 18:16
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inexperienced teenage pilots, cabin crew who cannot speak English...

It would be fascinating to see what happens in a true emergency on a Ryanair flight.
Michael SWS, that is ever so rude and offensive. Do you actually think that ALL the Aviation Authorities out there would allow the above mentioned by you crew to operate if they didn't meet the AAs requirements?? I can assure you that training is hard and intensive and whoever fails well, they're not good for the job, end of!
Want to hear about what you call "a true emergency"? Myself and my JU's saved someone's life in flight. The pax had a heart attack and acting on cold feet and using the SEP (and all training), we saved someone's life. A life in danger IS a true emergency. And since you attack the cabin crew who "cannot speak English": I'll have you know that the only ENGLISH crew on board was the CP. FO was if i remember correctly Portuguese and the Cabin Crew were all different nationalities but English. Both of F/D very young, the CP 27yo.

Could all your spiteful comments have to do with you being rejected by Ryanair recently?

RYRnick, i know you addressed the question to the f/d crew however please allow me to share my own opinion.
We call a good landing ANY landing that gets one safe and sound off the aircraft. Could be several reasons for the "very bad one": bad weather, strange runway (i.e. Limoges APT has a banana shaped runway- very tricky to land it like a feather-, ATC instructions, the autopilot, anything really). I am not saying that it's not the pilot's fault, but rarely it is. It's not like they do it on purpose and just slam the tin can on the ground without giving a monkey, several factors come in unexpectedly during the approach and landing.
I personally find it "less bumpier" if you like when i sit in the front. But then again i always sit there so i guess i am used to it.

Rgds,
ATS