PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of the J-visa.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2008, 16:11
darrenphughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice to see your so grateful for the oppotunities that the us has offered so many there darren and now things aint going your way you get the knives out. typical behaviour
Hey Willy, Listen man, the knives were out only when good ould George W decided to put the entire world's economy(including the US') in the ****ter for personal gain!!

As for the US giving me opportunities, I'm the one that has(and still is) pumped about $130k of my hard earned (IRISH) cash into this economy. This was and still is a business relationship and the only reason I'm still here is because my Flight instructor/now Wife wants me here while I'm studying for the JAA ATPL(H) exams. I'm also trying to get her to do the JAA tests so we can move back, but she's a little lazy about studying!!!

I see this decision as a bad one for all parties involved including the US. Of all the people that I know that overstayed the J1 are young people that decided to blow their 2 years earnings on a 3 month drinking binge across the US before going home to start their careers. They're not people that come here and send money back home or have babies in order to screw the system.

My original question was, What do you guys think the chances are that the new administration will change these new rules at some point in their term? His foreign policy seems to be more diplomatic than the current.

Ooh, and I came here on an M1, as the school that I liked didn't do J1's.