PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Ryanair Pilots: What is wrong with the landings?
Old 25th Jul 2008, 17:06
RYRnick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Ryanair Pilots: What is wrong with the landings?

Hi,

I am flying on a Ryanair flight to Seville from Stansted next week, and I have flown with Ryanair for many many many years and not really had bad landings until now...

In April, I did the same flight - Stansted to Seville. The flight was good, but the landing scared the daylights out of me!

It seemed to me like it was really fast, and afterwards my Dad said "I thought that was way to fast" I agree with him.

We came down, and suddenly BANG!!! I never heard to many people shout S*** and gasp! I was so scared about the landing gear collapsing.

Why was the landing so hard? I have never ever had such a bad landing in my life, and I have flown so many times. Virgin (once) Iberia (several) BA (millions) and same with Ryanair (millions)

I am not going to insult anyone, but the crew were quite young? Was it due to a lack of experience?

On the return, it was better! I was sitting about 6 rows behind the over-wing exits so I geussed I would hit before the people in the front. I needed to overcome my fear.

The lockers rattled, but there wasn't such a loud bang, it was certainly better. The captain was a considerably older.

My fear is that do Ryanair pilots have to land the plane as quickly as possible due to the quick turnarounds? Or is it due to bad pilots?

I really like flying with Ryanair, I have had some excellent landings with Ryanair. But there are MILLIONS of videos that are flimed on a Ryanair landing and they are all kind of hard and bad?

Can anyone help me out, as I am a little scared about the landing I have coming up?

Thank you for reading, and I will apreiciate your replies greatly!

Thank you!

Nick.