PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Leave Policy
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 06:00
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KeepItTidy
Well just found out today that leave and travel time has all been changed, . . .if you travel a certain distance, . . . and travel a distance further then you get 2 days back. So if you travel to home from far away in uk for 4 days then you dont get travel time back
Nothing new there then. It used to be 4 hrs and 8 hrs by train. 8 hr journey equated to ONE day each way. Are you quite sure you get 4 days per 10?

This came up a couple of years ago when stn cdrs had for many years routinely allowed half a days travel time for each grant.

Some jobsworth decided that this was fraud and said it had to stop.

Had same jobsworth bothered to research the issue - years ago officers had 42 days leave and airmen 30. This equated to 6 weeks and 4 week. At the same time most civilians got just 2 weeks. Giving airmen 6 weeks was A GOOD THING. Capping leave at 6 weeks when the civilian world now has 4-6 weeks is a BAD THING.

Now this was raised with the AFPRB a few years ago, in the 70s IIRC. They said that they were only concerned with pay comparability. Issues such as leave as for the military to handle.

The problem with giving 41000 people an extra weeks leave is that you automatically lose 788 people.

Put another way, if half of you lose one weeks leave then the Air Force gains almost 400 people.

never knowingly lost a days leave