PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Build second airport in Hunter: Iemma
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 10:01
interspacial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naivety

The naivety of some of the comments in this forum never cease to amaze me.

A parallel taxiway and high speed exits........wow that will resolve all of the problems, and how do those aircraft actually get onto the ground in the first place. Has anyone actually looked at the airspace that the aircraft actually need to manouevre in to get into the airfield in the first place and its capacity to hold the extra traffic that will equate with a second international airport.

Oh yes, why does Willy not just squeeze all the aircraft into the first fifteen minutes, obviously written by someone who is going to limit fighter squadrons to operate within certain constraints. And oh yeah thats right all of the airlines are always completely on time....they are never delayed out of other airports....my mistake, I forgot that we had a perfect system in place in this country. Oh and of course there are never any weather issues or instrument approaches required either.

The best one yet and I whole heartedly agree with the response posted in respect to this, why not move the military up north why do they need to be here anyway. Well let me see, the Defence of this country relies on the young men and women of this country. Do we ask the rest of the population to go and live in remote areas of the country without child care, spousal support and lifestyle because of the jobs that they do, are the people who train to defend this country any less entitled to a quality of life, or are they more so? Plus where is the majority of population of this country.......

Best yet has anyone got any idea about the money that is invested in Williamtown......sure I as a taxpayer am so happy to throw that all away spend billions of dollars relocating them and move our whole entire fighter force to a remote area of the country where we would end up losing all of our valuable people anyway....