PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 08:31
Jets on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's The Future

Division1,
When the grading scheme came in most people benefited from service points unless they had so many licenses that they equated to the quoted levels. These days with management saying no more training there is a lot of LAMEs that are on the bottom grades with service points their only way to progress.

TMF,
I think the disadvantage is to all trades for accepting bolt on payments after the manager cried poor mouth and warned our members to consider no payment so we might have a chance to get the contract as management did not see us as the ‘preferred’ customer. (what’s changed?)

Still, that was a while ago before we were united together.
In a perfect world I would like to see all LAME,s in the top grade, but as that’s not going to happen and it will take 16 years for a level 4 LAME to get to level 8 without training, then we need to show the company that it is advantages to them to have the best trained workforce at their doorstep and not just engineers who do ‘warranty work’ for inferior O/S MROs.
It is just lucky for QANTAS that they didn’t force our hand to go to 8 hour shifts because I for one would have campaigned that going back on extended hour rosters meant same shift penalties for all and no it wouldn’t be backwards , as everybody is disadvantaged away from their family/friends equally.
I like cotton shirts as well!

Last edited by Jets on; 23rd Jul 2008 at 10:14.