PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 21:48
Shamrock 75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe just about to take the plunge !

Folks,
I have been monitoring many of the forums and threads on PPrune over the last view months in relation to prospects of getting a job with the airlines on completion of a ATPL.
I think its fair to say we all know the airlines are in a cyclical industry with up turns and downturns!
For Wannabe's .....the most important question is timing ! NO ONE knows for sure how things will pan out.
In my case, a friend of mine and i have both decided to leave our jobs and are going over to Florida in Sept for 1 year to study for the JAA ATPL's. We are both in our early thirties and its a case of doing it now or never. Whatever happens ...........i feel we would have regretted this chance if we had decided not to train this year. So yes, we are taking a chance, and its a big chance but its the same for everyone else when starting flight training. There are no guarantees in life but you have go with your instinct !
So hopefully in 18months time things will be more positive.
Good luck to all Wannabe's and thanks to the folks who put many constructive points accross on this topic.

Shamrock 75