PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas jobs for UK pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 21:16
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry the right of abode is the argument. I have full rights to be here as do you. When do I become a UK citizen? After 4 generations? 6? How many?
What you are effectively saying is that unless you are born here and can trace your roots back to day dot you have no right to be here. Well if that isnt a xenophobic myopic view I dont know what is!

You should be happy that people are choosing to move to the UK. Immigration into UK plc has been overall good for the economy. I pay my taxes and help support those English out of work. We could ban all overseas pilots and you would still have unemployed uk pilots.

You created the system when you let JAA and the EU run the market. Are you actually going to sit there and say that we should stop all that and go back to the old days. The liberalization created through the EU and JAA has allowed a hell of a lot more pilots to earn a living than ever before.

The argument about being in jets for guys from oz is irrelevant as the guys I knew were building time and you are comparing two totally different markets. Im sure there are guys from overseas flying for the big red rat and good on em.

Tell me what would you do. Remove all pilots flying for English airlines? You do that and the whole system/companies will collapse! Lets pull out all the pilots flying overseas and guess what the young wannabe will still be out of a job. Why because there is always someone more experienced than them. And then where will the precious uk pilot be?

You want to work overseas learn the language and have the right of abode!

Tell me do you read the daily mail?