PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 14:25
Jets on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Far Can You Go

I think it is fair to say that everybody wants fair remuneration for what they are qualified for and for what they do. But there should be a line that says that’s it your capped out. How high an earning do LAME’s think is appropriate. Some appear to be heading to the CEO mindset of how much remuneration they should have. Rember our complants of GD’s package for looking after a company of 36,000 staff which is so astronomical to those running the country! Would some like level 20?
In the old days, yeah I’m an oldie, you were happy to still be trained and kept up with the latest and greatest. If you lost a tail through retiring types the company was abliged to retrain you. This ideal allowed you to keep current and also importantly your pay, instead of losing it through attrition of CPI increases. Today I feel some of us at those lofty heights are complaining shelfishly. I know members complain that they didn’t vote in the grading system but still we ALL benefit from service points that gives us a level we would never have achieved under the old system. I myself would like to see new blood brought into the ALAEA membership and instead of levels going up higher than they are, the company persuaded to spend that money on training new LAMEs and AMEs , and that we the older ones have someone to transfer our skills and knowledge to, to keep the aviation maintenance career sustainable in Australia.