PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtex passengers no more
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 03:36
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick

It looks to me as if we have a very sick industry and a very sick regulator.
Someone said that CASA has to go through some legal processes, and wait for about 30 days before they can cancel or suspend an AOC, but they can pull a chief pilot's approval immediately. And a company cannot carry out charter or RPT flights without a chief pilot. So, this CP may not be such a bad guy as it appears. He is stuck in the middle.

Lost records? That does not sound good, but maybe they were lost, and CASA is pulling the cp's approval for losing them.

I wonder if the CP might sue CASA for putting his name and these conditions on a public access forum. AFAP may be interested in this.

If the records were"lost" because they revealed non compliance, (I'm not saying they were) then let's not pretend that the problem is only with the company and CP, and all the pilots are squeaky clean. If they were there would be no compliance problems, because they would not do such things. Would they?

Unless of course we have a system which causes pilots to believe that CASA's rules are not really improtant and It's ok to cheat a bit as long as you do not get caught. And they desperately need those hours to get a jet job that pays squillions. And there are lots of pilots trying to beat them for that job.

So CASA and their rules do not appear to have the respect of the of the pilots and the industry.

And there are very few career GA pilots. Career GA pilots will fix things like this. But our system is VERY WRONG.