PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $50000+ Twin Driver??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 02:21
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
$50000+ Twin Driver??

I was having a discussion with guy looking through resumes at the company I work for about recruitment recently. It seems the flood of resumes is no more, in fact we have to ask the few people who do apply if they know of others that would be looking for work!!

I know there has been alot of discussion on the 'actual' or 'percieved' pilot shortage recently but there hasn't been a lot of ideas on how to keep people in GA any longer than 500 multi (which comes up very quick now).

I'm sure there would be a few companies out there with contracts that require pilots with 500 multi, or close to, flying piston twins. The company I work for does and they started paying a bonus for people with more than 400 multi.

Recent applicants for direct entry twin drivers (because no one in company has the hours yet to be moved up!) with baron and cheiftain endo's had minimal time on type, but a start, and were looking for $50K!!!

Three potential applicants and all refused.....
(all positions were fulltime, award rates, not remote, immediate start and as far as I know we don't have a bad reputation to scare them away)

Any Ideas?? (within reason, this is still GA..)

Award update? maybe $35K single, $45K twin IFR, and $50K+ with 250-300hrs multi??

Conditions? I guess this is still largely dependent on the company and the attitudes of everyone involved, eg what do you do when you're not flying?

RDO's? anyone work on a fixed roster at a charter company? or are they just orgainised ad hoc

Career path? I know I like to know where I'm heading even if its a rough idea. (eg,twins/new base at the end of the wet, you should have the hours by then...)

I know it's PPrune but can we make it serious?