PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big lie - we train airline pilots.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 00:27
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree wholeheartedly with your comments about the "we teach airline pilots" blurb. Along with the " we get most of our students jobs" lie.
Flying schools have been using these lines for decades to entice kids with stars in their eyes into their schools. Ofcourse soon as they have spent a fortune on training and ready to go to work up pops an "unexpected industry downturn" and they are one of the few that can't actually be placed anywhere. It is all part of the aviation industry con's and been going on forever. Here in Adelaide the biggest college at Parafield has "parent info nights" where these poor fools are encouraged to part with a small fortune training there school leaving kids to fill the void of the "pilot shortage". I know of one bloke who parted with $48000 until his kid lost interest before completing his CPL even after I told him don't do it.
You see the nice man at the college could "almost garantee" his son an airline job paying top dollars. Some people you can't help I know but there should be fair play in there somewhere too. It has always amazed me the media via these headline grabbing current affairs programs have never tried to expose the scams.