PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 00:25
dr skydrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a big one to our Fed Exec for all your hard work.
From the beginning most of us would have accepted 3% plus a grade increase or 3% plus a big bonus. We shouldn't be as hung up on the number 5 just as the company is hung up about the number 3. The difference between 5% and 3% is not much. 5% was just the figure so we could obtain PIA. Everytime we stop for 4 hours thats 0.5 % we give back to the company. Will it be worth it to fight on to achieve a number.
If the offer is 3 plus something nice for all of us lets take it. I think we would have aceived our goal and this to get something more than the "3% and nothing else take it or leave it" offer. We have seen how the company is willing to commit suicide to hold their 3% lets not kill ourselves by trying to acheive a number. Some of us still want to work here after this is settled. I have supported our Exec from the beginning and I will support their decision now. They have had this under control from day 1 and if they think its a fair offer we should support that. They are in the best position to decide what they think is best.
Again thanks to our leaders you have done us proud.And to 99% of my fellow members.The proudest years of ALAEA. I reckon any leftover money in the fighting fund should go to them so they can take their families out to dinner or on holidays as a gift of thanks from the members.