PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 23:14
LAME2

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Quote Emal140;
On Monday read what is presented and digest. We have been at the table with an in-principle agreement before. That was voted down, and so be it if it happens again Monday. If it gets voted down it will be because it doesn’t represent what we have taken the PIA for. However, think of this. What we have achieved? I believe it is thus. The management had to stop taking us for granted. Many of you have used the word respect before, but remember respect is a two way street. Maybe it is just me, but what I seem to be reading is that after all the bluff and bluster by QF, THEY had to come to us to resolve the issue, not us to them, That in itself is worth more to me than gold bullion. Don’t ‘Maintain the Rage until Monday’. Certainly ‘Maintain the Rage.. with respect’. What we need to do is MAINTAIN THE RESOLVE that got us to this point. RAGE is temporary, RESOLVE is permanent.

Couldn't agree more Emal. Be patient and wait till Monday. Look for a good deal and if its there, vote it up, otherwise vote accordingly. Are we all to go back to doing what we were before this PIA, filling holes in systems and making things work with the risk of punishment when things didn't? I believe "Maintaining the Resolve" will become a part of every QF LAMEs toolbox well into the future. We do not want to go through this again at EBA9. We want the Managers to remember our contribution well into the future, not just until the EBA8 vote.