PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue with no crew?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 09:15
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(Note;written prior to seeing the above post)

Yusef: If Dirty Deeds above didn't make it plain enough for you, you need to go back to start, and do not pass Go, as you just don't understand it.

International flying is NOT Domestic flying.
The two have very different requirements and rules, which each International country you land in, expects you to meet.
There's no "Ooops, just gone past Coffs... think I'll visit Norfolk or Tonga today."
Once you leave Australian Domestic airspace, it is very specific and NOT ambiguous. You are employed specifically to fly International flights, as you are employed specifically for Australian Domestic flight.
EBA's are just as specific.

No one could disagree with you saying: "I would be concerned if someone came along and took my place for less money, but if I were to be 'overcut' I would consider it an opportunity to bring my own conditions up closer to the higher of the two.

...and that's what the crew there are trying to do but PBN and Silver Sleuth sumit up:

SilverSleuth very correct VB crew are not taking jobs from PB crew, but they will be removing any of negotiation ability they had. I think its a very thin sheet of ice they walk on, whilst ALPA are actively in negotiations with the airline. Lets face it, it doesn't help.