PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 02:33
Torqueman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for being such a sceptic but if GD makes an announcment that it's withing their current wages policy, then that must mean 3%.

As for a deal like the pilots have taken linked to management incentives and the like. Well I'm a sceptic there too. It's already been made clear that the days of massive bonuses to Execs are over. You just have to look at the penny pinching , money hungry pupets it produces.

Taking 3% with things like 1% super and the like are not adding to real wage growth which is what is needed here. Engineers have fallen way behind over the years and it shows by the inability to attract the right people to the job now. Investing in people should be just as important as investing in the other assets like aircraft and facilities. The company needs to make that a priority.

Things that are indexed to performance of the airline can be easily manipulated by the bean counters and and end up being of no real benefit at all.

REAL WAGE GROWTH. I will be looking forward to 5% on monday. No less. Don't disappoint SP.

As for the doomsday speeches that are going on by GD. Go ahead make your staff cuts. I think engineers have demonstrated that by not working excesive hours that they are already well understaffed and in short supply. Pilots are the same. I think they have already cut their staff by stealth over the years with their demorilising campaign that GD and his cronies have run.

As for fuel prices. Big deal. Put the fairs up. Everyone has the same problem it's a level playing field. Everyone in the transport industry has the same problem. People expect to pay more to drive to the airport, why shouldn't they pay more when they get on the plane.

Why are the staff expected to foot the bill for the passengers higher fuel cost?

So I'll be eagerly anticipating Monday. But I have to tell you I have my doubts that we've been sold a dud.

GD will be gone soon, with him goes the money that should have gone to the hard working staff of the airline. That will never be forgotten. To now add performance incentives when they know they won't happen, what a slap in the face.

I think the board of Qantas should be doing the rounds of the grass roots levels to see just how the years of GD management has gutted this great airline.

Last edited by Torqueman; 18th Jul 2008 at 02:46.