PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2008, 02:27
SpannerTwister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redhawk37
its really great to see its finally over but lets wait n see if its been worth it, and I dont mean Monday!
Umm.....Did the members already vote to accept the "package", if so I must of misplaced my ballot paper ?

Did the fat lady sing ?

It's not over until it's over .............

While I know the ALAEA executive have been working their rings off over this, and I also believe the executive know what we want, and I seriously doubt that they would make the mistake again of indicating to the company that we would accept a "less then 5% offer", the facts remain that we, the members, have yet to see THE PROPOSAL in writing.

Does anyone here believe that the company has not in the past engaged in "stalling" tactics, that they have not changed the document between "agreement" and "presentation", does anyone here fully trust all of the management ?

By Monday evening when we have all seen the proposal, then, and only then, can one even begin to say "it's over".

But this is my personal opinion........If it gives the Kones something without the same for the Blackhanders, if it gives the Line guys something without the same for the Dockies, if it gives the grades 9 - 13 something without giving the 3 - 8's the same thing, if it gives the domestic Brothers something without giving the international Brothers the same........Well as they say, "It's gonna crash and burn".

As I've said before, to their great chagrin, they've managed to unite us like never before.......

Viva la Engineers !!!

SpannerTwister