PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2008, 01:00
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Pilot agreement

G'day lads,

There are far too many changes in the in principle agreement to try and explain it via this forum. There is also the fact that most QF pilots who have seen any documentation are working off a draft from a month ago and that things in it have changed in the recent couple of weeks or so I'm told. In short, no one other than a select few know for sure at the moment. Don't take anything that anyone says on PPRUNE about it as gospel in the short to medium term because they just don't know- that includes my comments below. Don't get distracted by our EBA which is of a very different structure to any EBA which has ever gone before.

The one comment I will address is that we'll all be paid as 744 drivers. Not strictly true. There is a provision for 'fleet pay' of sorts but it phases in over the next seven years so you won't see the 767 drivers magically jump to the 744 rate. The 767 drivers will get a pay rise above the 3% but 744 drivers essentially don't. A380 drivers who may have expected a higher pay rate than the 744 will get the same as the 744. This also locks in the pay rates for the 787/A350/777 as well.

Comments beyond that would would be ill advised.