PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 16th Jul 2008, 23:16
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree that airside security should be reviewed but this particular post is about aircrew resenting the attentions of security. If you are au fait with previous posts I think that we are in agreement that aircrew do not always help themselves when they try to circumvent security for the sake of doing it and to make a point.
Local agreements are the way forward and perseverence if they do not immediately live up to expectations as Jet set lady was keen to point out.
I really think that you should accept the fact that aircrew will always be subject to screening even if the liquids ban is modified or even dropped in the future.
I live near an industrial site where I need to show a pass to enter and leave, am subject to personal searches on arrival and departure and also a full search of my vehicle also on arrival and departure.This adds some 30 minutes each day to travelling time.
I can't say I have a great deal of sympathy for someone who has to take his shoes off and behave in a responsible manner.