PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 16th Jul 2008, 20:33
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rsuggit: You are more at risk because of pointless security rules and the scum that enforce them. Like with knifes, guns, fists or any other device/weapon, it is not the weapon per se that poses the threat - it's the person that has the criminal intent. Not one of the damn measures enforced by the "blind mullet" at the checkpoints seeks to identify any potential perpetrator. Instead they regard everyone as a threat. And that is plain bonkers! I can think of no other system anywhere which is so bloody pointless nor one which offers so little value for money. The system which you appear to hold is such esteem is the one that allows the bad guys to win.

Let me explain. The bad guys have to get their gadgets/components/weapons onto a airside to cause damage. How would they do it? The same way that I would if I was a perpetrator. You'll have take my word on that. With the little knowledge I have of procedures and locations, I reckon I that could I could get almost anything required to a specfic location. No problem. What you forget is that the bad guys don't have to worry about the rules. Those of us who do have to stick to the pointless charade and waste resources getting checked otherwise we lose our jobs. When you have to put up with the standard scumbag security guard patting you down for the n'th time that wek and giving you a hard time, because they can, it starts your flight off badly. We are only human and don't forget we are driving you! Stress before flight was almost certainly a major contributor to the Staines incident many years ago. And finally, the money which is wasted on airport security (approx. £20 per passenger) could be spent on actively hunting the bad guys.

I'd start shouting at your MP if I were you.

PM