PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Concerns Over The Number Of Australian LAMEs.
Old 16th Jul 2008, 02:05
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 month goes by, nothing. Make a friendly call to casa, spend the next 2 days trying to get through to the assesor, even got told by clarc that they could not give me my information over the phone because it was personal and i would have to submit an e mail stating what i required, finally reach the assesor to be told that you are no 5 in my pile of license applications and when i get round to it you will be told. The guy that was at no 2 had been waiting 3 months.
Yes that is another problem, seems that CASA are right to be concerned even though they cause a majority of the problems.

I have had that experience too sadly, however IF the Company want you to have an endorsement, as has happened to me many times, CASA will issue it immediately almost yesterday even.

I have over the years had MAs issued too without even speaking to anyone at CASA while I was hundreds of miles away, IF the Company ask for it.

Even had one case some years ago, I won't name names or places, but we were doing a type course and accelerated practical training outside of Australia prior to going to another Country on a contract.

At the end of the training CASA refused to issue our endorsements which meant we couldn't proceed to do the contract. CASA were insisting on much more details of the training etc, but the Overseas Company that did the training told CASA to go jump as they were not under CASA.

As the Base Engineering Manager I phoned back to Australia and told our Company that CASA were refusing to budge, within an hour I received a phone call back to say our Licences WERE endorsed.

I guess it depends who you talk to at CASA, and more importantly who you are.