PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Concerns Over The Number Of Australian LAMEs.
Old 16th Jul 2008, 01:27
ernie blackhander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casa only give the money out because they know they are only going to get it back! Apply for a license, pay my $400 and then wait. 1 month goes by, nothing. Make a friendly call to casa, spend the next 2 days trying to get through to the assesor, even got told by clarc that they could not give me my information over the phone because it was personal and i would have to submit an e mail stating what i required, finally reach the assesor to be told that you are no 5 in my pile of license applications and when i get round to it you will be told. The guy that was at no 2 had been waiting 3 months. And this happens every time, imagine how quickly a painter would stay in buisness if he charged you up front to paint your house and then took 3 months to even start, but we have no other option to take our buisness anywhere else because ther is no one else.

Yes the overnight allowance for training was $10 a night during my apprenticeship. No $1000 tool bonus from the gov, $8 week tool allowance, $46k a year licensed. Why would any one reconmend this industry especially when at the time my mates were driving bread trucks for $1000 a week in hand