PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 18:51
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
groundhand I too would like to know why HM Border Control insist that both Swissport and Servisair present passengers at immigration?! I have never seen it when travelling through other worldwide airports, only NCL and I know it is a pain for the GHA's to provide staff for these duties - particularly if an arrival is detained for whatever reason, as the GHA effectively looses a member of staff for the duration. Anyone know the reason then please share.

On the business front, why not? It is entirely possible that NCL could increase the level of exec movements, though I am sceptical over what the airport is hoping for? Re-generation of the southside is excellent for all concerned, I am particularly interested in the soon to be opened aviation academy. Leeds has a similar academy, which provides a range of courses from PSA/CC to engineering, which provides employers with better trained potential staff. It would be great to see this vast range of courses offered at NCL academy, including the existing engineering side of courses. Don't Newcastle College offer airline related courses, which could be relocated? I see the academy expanding again soon!

Regarding andrewmcharltons comments over the airport struggling to cope with maintaining route network, in some ways his comment is true, so any expansion is a good thing - particularly in market and trading conditions of aviation today!