PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 06:56
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kotoyebe
Here’s how I see it. It is pretty obvious to me that the AIPA are about to put to their members an agreement between them and QF that will include a headline number of 3%. If this happens, and it will, then your campaign is gone, history, kaput! Watch them ramp up the media war

An interesting view but has nought to do with us.
While I understand the AIPA have struck a deal or so the rumours go.
While I have not seen it, the murmurings are the usual, not all crew on all fleets are looked after same with 1 fleet benefiting better than others.
QF tried this approach with the LAMEs with 50% doing well and it was knocked back.
The pilots are split across 2 unions so I doubt they could pull anything off without being undermined by the other. Secondly any bans pilots put on will have an immediate effect and look heavy handed unlike our PIA, which is an accumulative effect which until recently ACS management denied OT bans could hurt the business at all.
While the APIA will publicly support the ALAEA I am sure they will tow the line as I think behind closed doors they know due to the 2 points above that they could not win anything more than what is on offer plus a few sweeteners. I will gladly be proved wrong when the document sees the light of day but I won't hold my breath.

The media war you mention can NOT be won by us as its people missing their flights and that is hard to put a positive spin on this
Plus there is no comparison between engineers and pilots.
If you wish to compare chalked up hours worked for pay etc or compare my wage against a 3rd year 2nd officer on the 744.
These things will make the company look cheap as there are more pilots than LAMEs so I think these figure will never make the press as it is not in QFs advantage to do so.

QF pilots I am not having a go at you nor am I comparing our plights as I see it the only thing we have in common is the name stitched into our collar.
Good luck in yours as I am sure you wish us well in ours.

Last edited by Bolty McBolt; 15th Jul 2008 at 07:20. Reason: Edited due someone not having a sense of humour