PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2008, 06:15
kotoyebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots EBA

Does anyone else view the thread about the QFLH pilots EBA8 on the main forum, a very interesting and dangerous development in the current war between the ALAEA members and QF?

Here’s how I see it. It is pretty obvious to me that the AIPA are about to put to their members an agreement between them and QF that will include a headline number of 3%. If this happens, and it will, then your campaign is gone, history, kaput! Watch them ramp up the media war.

No matter what sweeteners are included in the AIPA document, even if it makes a total increase of 10% with bullsh*t super/profit share etc, the headline number will be used to squash your campaign.

If the AIPA members vote in the 3% headline, then scrotum face has the ammunition to attack you. “How dare you guys take the company to the brink, while the pilots, who are just as important as you, only take 3”

If the AIPA members reject the 3% headline, then scrotum face still has all the ammunition he needs. “I told you the world would end if the engineers tried to get 5%...we can’t afford it!” AIPA members drag it out with the company, then finally give in and take 3 because they will NEVER go on strike/OT bans etc. Scrotum face has more ammo. “See, at least the pilots who are just as important as you, have seen the light about the world about to end and got some sense into themselves and accepted the boards 3% wages policy”

If the ALAEA or the AIPA can’t break the 3% wages policy, then I will resign from my union. And I’ve been a union member all my working life. If a collective of arguably the most skilled and important employees of QF, can’t break through the greed and hypocrisy filled “board approved wages policy”, on the back of a recent referendum election on industrial relations, then unionism is truly finished in Australia. I may as well use my few hundred dollars a year union subscription to buy an ipod.

Is this the silver bullet scrotum face has been looking for? I hope the ALAEA exec are talking to the AIPA exec.