PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways US Freighters
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2000, 17:01
Panalpina / SGC

Unhappy

Cargorat / Zones,you both have good knowledge of our company.I see how cargorat will know but not you zones,where are you based in uk.Anyway from a personal view,Atlas are supplying carriers worldwide a solution that so far no one has matched.Our company and Cargolux go back a long way and will continue to do so.Initially CV controlled the wetlease operation and this has since passed to our control.I dont see why Atlas should not be allowed to continue working with BA as they have done for several years now.I know that this may appear harsh to the European carriers and I have worked with many of afford to wait until you have the business before you buy the equipment.A good example is CV.It takes real balls to do what they did.Going from 3 -400s to 10.With no guarantee to fill them.They got the equipment and worked round the clock to sell them and fill them and they are still doing it.Atlas have done the same although not as a scheduled carrier but in the ACMI trade.
Anyway surely the DETR have to take on board that nobody else has 2 x 747-400Fs that are availble for wetlease from next month in the UK.

If I am correct in saying these applications from BA are in breach of EU regulations EEC/2407/92,although leasing can be permitted for the temporary needs of an air carrier or if there are exceptional circumstances.The DETR have since recvd 6 objections to the renewal of the licences.Its up to BA to convince the DETR that this is exceptional circumstances.Lets wait and see and hope that whatever the outcome is,it will benefit all concerned