PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawke on Denton tonight!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2008, 13:05
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forced myself to watch it, as I believe the only way to deal with hate or fear is to face it, but as a 89er I found it simply too distressing. I could cope with anything except the hypocrisy especially the last statement of caring for people, I had to get up and go outside. I guess I was hoping for some statement that in regards to the pilots, he now wished he had done things differently, as the pilots themselves have stated, so we could finally have closure, and put the whole thing into the history books where it now belongs, but it was not to be. Most have now moved on, but it would be a disservice to those whose lives were totally destroyed, and never really recovered because of family breakups, and those who took their own lives to ever forget what happened in a so called democracy where the big end of town and a Australian Govt. so effectively crushed a group of fellow citizens, who asked for a pay rise, and effectively started what is now enterprise bargaining. How could this man describe how bad he felt eating in India whilst beggers stood at the gate, but at the same time he and his mates fed at a trough paid for by the public purse, while they wheeled and dealed often for their own benefit. A double set of standards not lost on many.