PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAFVR Instructor Positions
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2001, 23:04
DB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yep, JEFTS employs civilian instructors and what you say, Jag FC, about selection and training is spot-on (actually the company does the training but then we are examined by CFS instructors and issued RAF standard equivalent ratings e.g. B2 equiv., A2 equiv.). The company is now owned by Babcock International and has three bases; Church Fenton, Barkston Heath/Cranwell, and Middle Wallop. Unfortunately no bases in Scotland, Flying Doc (or I would be there) so it would be a bit of a move for you, as it was for me from Dundee. I keep telling them to open a base at Leuchars but they won't listen. From what you say, though, JEFTS may not be your cup of tea as we have the same standards as UAS i.e. CFS standards, so it is quite an undertaking to get to that level and then maintain or improve on it. I don't know that much about the UAS/AEF setup although as Jaguar says I understood them all to be military men. I will say however that, UAS or JEFTS, it's a great job and I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone interested in instructing.
Tonkenna is probably your man for AEF info, I think he's at Leuchars. Tonkenna? You there?

Happy New Year to all and with that I'm off to start supping.