PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Command @ Emirates
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2001, 16:48
M.A. Rats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Dorian

I tend to agree with your two points. I also happened to be at the meeting last year when the DEC issue was discussed. My personal opinion is that EK management are very aware of the sensitive issue that it is. Hence the change of policy favouring FOs with the right time and experience. Numbers to date show that there are a large no. of upgrades next year, so DEC seem a low priority. As you say though, things can change. We are up to 600 drivers, with another 180 by end 2002. The Gulf News story of 210 a/c seemed to be an honest mistake (i.e 600% growth applied to 35 a/c at the time), but nothing has been withdrawn. 110 a/c seems closer to the mark.

What does DXB have that SIN and HKG doesn't - well, I will let future events answer that as best as possible. Don't be too surprised though with the way things are going here. The Shk. is a dynamic man, just look at what has been transformed in the short history of both DXB and the Airline.

In hindsight, I could have joined SAA years ago and now be faced with low-morale, corrupt management and affirmative action. The few issues here at Emirates seem to pale in comparison.

Sure glad I made the move........

Cheers