PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 14th Jul 2008, 12:25
gavsterau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do Qantas change a flight number from XYZ to 8XYZ

Last Thursday I was heading up to Sydney from Melbourne on the supposed 8:30am flight. We got told around 8:30 that there would be a 30 minute delay, at 9am got told of another 15 minute delay... I'm sure you see where I'm going...

At 10:30 we get told the flight is canceled and another flight will replace it. The original flight number was 416 and the new flight number was 8416.

The captain was very specific when telling us that the flight we were on was a supplemental flight. Thanks Qantas!

Do they do this so they can say the replacement flight departed and arrived on time? I assume if they kept then original flight number it would count as a 3 hour delayed flight.

To top it off they didn't load the luggage on the flight, nor cater it properly! Apparently they didn't want to delay us any further. Hhmmm thanks.

They then flew the whole flight at what seemed like 15,000 feet. Again, so we could get to Sydney faster.

Long story short, finally get to Sydney at 1310...

It was a long day after taking the 2 hour delay for the return flight into account as well.

g