PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what was your first ever IMC solo trip like??
Old 14th Jul 2008, 07:30
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People, my intention, I started this thread for some light hearted replies. The reason being, recently, there seems to have been a whole load of IR training going on and a lot of low time people completing IR's. In the UK you can do minimum time in a twin eng IFR equipped a/c and do the IR course and suddenly, have 500hrsTT and a fresh IR. Ok, so not many people are going to let you launch with PAX with such low time, but all of the training undertaken to that point will have been dual or in a sim. Ok, so you can fly. Sure you're good enough to pass the IRT. The first time you go IMC SP then I imagine it does have some sort of mental effect. The tension/stress levels are bound to rise but again, proper training, maintaining a level head and using the FD/AP etc, should have the trip turn out great. Afterwards, I could imagine the euphoria from proving you can atually do it, must be quite a rush.

Personally, I can't get into IMC often enough because I love it, but i'm not likely to experience SPIFR for some time yet, if ever, but if I ever do in the future, i'm making the most of all of the experience I can get as a co-jo offshore.