PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low mood
Thread: Low mood
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 16:21
Lancastrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muller, first let me say between 5 and 10 per cent of the population suffer from depression and it hits every strata of society! I would also underline to you that such conditions can stand on their own or be an aspect of some other malady. Therefore, people experiencing those aspects that you have described would be well advised to seek an appointment with the GP. Indeed, the very act of "telling it how it feels" is considered the first step to getting back on track. He or she would then be able to assess possible causation/treatment etc. The technical aspects of depression and terminology I shall leave to one side.If you want to know such things, they can be had with ease via the internet. For you......talk to people. Dont shut it away inside of you....and dont think you are any lesser person because of your condition! Start to plan your day and be quite firm about the goals and...realistic! Remember, when you are not busy the mind would quite naturally wander back to those low thoughts....so keep busy.DONT look to ameliorate your feelings via alcohol.....it does not work! Hopefully,on retiring to bed after your planned day, fatigue will take over and plunge you into sleep. Early waking is an aspect I am afraid. However, on a personal note...this is one method to lapse back into sleep. Think of an area you know,and enjoy and mentally walk the area without skipping any aspect! Look at the sights,smell the smells. If it does not work...no problems. Read a book, listen to a radio,write....any thing....but DONT LAY there thinking!

Be sure to eat...the body cannot work withou fuel!

I have not mentioned medication or other methods of treatment on purpose...others are better placed for such advice I feel. Good luck and feel free to have a natter with an ex professional and...sufferer!