PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Concerns Over The Number Of Australian LAMEs.
Old 11th Jul 2008, 02:32
mootyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a croc of #$!@

$2000 only justs pay for their ridicoulus, irrelvent, and totally vauge Basic Exams. Since a lot of smaller maintenance companys these days will not employ an apprentice of the street and demand that they attend a Pre-appreticship course which takes consists of 9 months training over 12 months and it usually been 5 days week (so the apprentice has not much time left for work t0 support himself) $2000 seems a little insignificant to me.

I know pilots are in the same boat when it comes to training and that pilot training costs at least 10 times more in relation to becoming a LAME to CPL. But if you did want to increase the intake of engineers maybe we could start with three basic things.

1. Allow a student loan to the potential LAME, just the same as the pot smoking art student gets with out any hesitation.

2. Maybe increase the wage of the AME for when he first starts his apprenticship as Electricans, Plumbers, Brickies, and Chippies all out to the AME by at least 30% of his basic pay and the AME wage more reflects what a app hairdresser gets. (no joke)

3. More assistance for country kids to come into the city and train to do this apprenticship as usually there is not AME training at your local TAFE and the kid has to live out of home adding even more financial pressure to the AME and is family.

Employers that bitch about not been able to find decent apprentices fall deaf on my ears as this is basic stuff to sort out and they not intrested in it the slightest.

P.S. Oh and by the way this ridicoulous scholarship has been running for years

RRAAAANNNT

Last edited by mootyman; 11th Jul 2008 at 03:31.