PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Troubles ahead
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2001, 05:12
TwoDeadDogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Hi there
Having travelled on EI as both civvie and member of staff,I have to agree with some of the posted comments.I have met CCMs who were excellent and personified all the good,positive things about EI and being Irish in general.On the other hand,I have met EI CCMs who have been downright rude,offhand,surly,etc.and did no favours for their airline or their country.I have also seen quite a few examples of CCMs/Check-in staff favouring their buddies for prime seats(I was almost bumped off my honeymoon flight to LAX by one check-in character in favour of her mates until I kicked up a fuss).I was also on the recieving end of offhand/surly until I produced my ID and then all was sweetness and light! So,it's swings and roundabouts.Personally,I wouldn't be a CCM for gold dust;it's not remotely as good/rewarding/glamourous as it's cracked up to be and they have to put up with a huge amount of **** from the travelling public.
Re.the MF remark: there is a strong body of opinion out there that the man was shafted.EI is badly in need of overhauling at all levels,not least on sexual harassment/bullying.Fatso has been very quiet of late;maybe it's time for him to open his jaw and let us all know where we stand,instead of perpetuating the usual mushroom syndrome.
regards
TDD