PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First job in Africa concerns
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 12:26
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Namviator, so are you saying that there are no fresh CPL graduates in Europe or North America? no, there are. Does that make american and european sky more dangerous? no. The problem in Africa is not the pilots (well there must be some terrible pilots) but more the local qualifications (ATC, maintenance, administration). I think Africa is actually the BEST PLACE for a fresh new pilot. You will know a lot more and quicker.

Kingpost, what is the point of your post exactly? why would he have to change careers?

Broderii, please don't make people believe that going to Africa is a still a big adventure. I've lived there for 20 years, there is no adventure. That's the problem with some expats, they come to Africa and think they are the new Indiana Jones. There is no adventure. It's just a different place, way of functionning, depending on which country you are. I've know plenty of pilots in Africa and none of them were adventurers. It is very normal that he has plenty of questions and hesitations.

RAMHAMMER, check your PMs.