PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 08:33
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it interesting that an airline op manual will tell a pilot to fly, when in fact the plane may not fly...in general and biz aviation, it's fairly clear when a plane won't fly...but evidentely in the airlines when you hit a certain speed, that seems to magicaly guarantee that a plane will fly around the patch...interesting...Also since general aviation doesn't purposely burn up 80% of our runways using flex/derate on purpose...many times we could find ourselves past V1 with 8000 ft of runway left..on fire...why fight a fire up in the air, in the soup, trying to fly a SID to get over those mountains, when all you have to do is pull the power back, tap the brakes, and hit the bottles?I am glad I have the discretion in my flight dept......rather then a book under the seats telling me what to do...
Your department? You're a microsoft sim pilot, you're ssg, the banned poster...your tune hasn't changed on iota, and like your other multiple personalities, you'll manage to get yourself banned before long too.

SSg has single handedly managed to turn what's long been an excellent technical forum into a worthless laughing stock because of posts just such as this, as well as each of the threads he's ruined just to get his little teenage jollies.

Certainly another persona to put on the ignore list, until it too gets banned in a day or so.