PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air pacific...anyone?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2008, 14:43
daveinguam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking air pacific...anyone?

OK, before the tirades begin...

I currently fly 737-800s out of Guam. I can take a company offered leave of absence for 18 months to save someone else from getting furloughed. I would love to see Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.

This kind of seems like a win-win scenario for me. I can't really find anything out about the company itself, except for the one thread on this board. Seems like there is a bunch of management bashing...well, I have worked for some pretty crappy companies in the past. Not looking for a career, just a break to go explore part of the world I would otherwise not be able to see. While it seems no one likes the guys in charge, how are the pilots? How are the work rules? How many days off a month? How long is training? Would I be seen as a yank stealing a local guys job? Of course, there are plenty of Australians working with me up here. Seems like it would be a dip in pay, but the experience gained might make it worth it.

That being said, would it worthwhile for a single guy with no ties to take a chance on this company?

Thanks for any input,

dave