PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at CAA??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2008, 14:22
vref+10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cavortingcheetah's "solution"

Cavortingcheetah, that has to be the most unrealistic suggestion to implement! Surely the more logical, and LEGAL, course would be to appoint a team of INDEPENDENT forensic auditors to investigate the whole business and, upon finding suspected cheats, obtain a court order to investigate their finances. There would bound to be a hole or holes in them totalling between R35 000 to R70 000 (based on figures provided in a previous post) closely aligned with the dates of their passing the subjects/papers in question. Vigorous interrogation and investigation of the implicated CAA officials would help to narrow the focus of the investigation as well!

What about the constitutional/legal premise of presumed innocence for the not guilty parties? Surely someone, who used the maximum number of sittings over the eighteen month period and who may have had to repeat some of the subjects as per the rules, in order to pass, is unlikely to have cheated
What about the chaos that would be caused to the lives and finances of operators and individuals? Would they be able to claim compensation upon being "proved" innocent as per your methodology? Who would re-imburse them, the CAA? The taxpayer? Yourself?

I see that you neglect to say where you're based so I presume it isn't South Africa and I also presume you don't hold, or maybe have never held, (exams too difficult maybe?) a South African professional license so your outrageous suggestion would not affect you in any shape or form.

What a slap in the face for the vast majority of us who worked hard, balancing work and family commitments as well as our studies, in order to pass the required exams and who obtained our licenses legitimately and honestly!

Just who the hell do you think you are?!