PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 08:37
The Colonel Lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KoneHead Reply

Thanks for your comments mate. I got the impression that O/T was rife thru QF from some of the threads posted and QF depended on it to keep the business going. Thats why I asked the question re losing 10% to get 5%. After reading the latest threads it appears this is not the case, then I would question why the union have decided this as a course of action if it will have so little impact. I suppose it can only be one way or the other, well I could probably sit on the fence and say the guys that do large amounts of O/T would probably experience a net loss for the 5% and if you do no overtime you're laughin(so to speak). Certainly going to be hard to get anything outta QF in the current environment(re oil Etc), lousy timing to try and ask for a pay rise, tho really QF have done all the stalling. Just wondering for comment, this EBA expires soon and really the only thing yr fighting for is essentially back pay. Soon it will be time to negotiate EBA 9, which means that PIA may become a normal day to day business propostion for QF at this rate. It also may force QF to either bite the bullet or do something like change procedures to match JS or VB to get efficiencies, which I am suprised that they have not already done. Retiring old A/C and taking delivery of new ones will allow them to operate under a MSG3 maintenance program (like the 737NG) which could cut their maintenance requirements in half. I would not doubt that this has not crossed their minds at some stage and there could be projects in the pipeline to implement this. Then again, I could be over-estimating QF intelligence as well.