PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are more or less people training to fly now?
Old 1st Jul 2008, 14:59
heli_port

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just graduated with £12k debt - I really don't know how I'm going to afford the £22/month repayment minimum. Oh no
I graduated with a similar level of debt and i managed to pay it off in 2 years. £22 / month if you just want to pay off the interest but you are going to have to pay allot more if you want to get rid of it this side of 2010. I was fortunate to have got on a grad scheme and on a £35K salary so as well as salary deductions i was paying £500-£1000 squid a month voluntary payment.

Sadly grad schemes are going the way of the dodo due to this credit nonsense

The real return on investment on a degree is absolutely pitiful. Its also stressful and boring. No wonder the Labour party are so enthusiastic about them.
I'm sorry www i must disagree with your above statement. I can only write about me and my classmates but we all got onto grad schemes paying £30K-£35k and within 5 years nearly quadrupled that with bonuses thrown in off course

Some decent A-Levels to prove you are not thick is about as far as I would take formal education unless you want to enter one of the proper professions (medicine, law, accountancy).
www if you have this much contempt for what you do i would jack it in m8 and join one of those proper professions you refer too In my opinion professional aviators belong to a proper profession.