PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at CAA??
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2008, 20:01
Goffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eisch, Again

Suitcaseman.
It is very quiet on the Western front, and the first that many heard about it was from Avcom.
So as much as you guys are in the dark, so are we.
But if it is true, then they must lock them up with the people that paid for the papers (and apparently the extra favours), throw away the key and let the whole lot rot.
Since the new Commissioner arrived, things are definitely going for the better, but there is always some rubbish left that screws it up for the rest of us.
My way of thinking, is do what the yanks do...have one book with all the questions and answers, have one set of study notes, the notes being compiled by the CAA, and distributed to all the schools and individuals. (so everyone has the same set of study notes and there is no funny questions and answers, with each school having a different answer to a question or their own crappy notes).
Lets be honest, who cares which way you turn the latitude rider nut.....I am not a technician....use the FAA method....the flight test .
This way it will cut out all the skandaal......sure you will have certain test instructors coining the bucks, but that is happening anyway.
To be honest, if I was employing a pilot, I would employ an FAA ATP before our own.....for the simple reason, I know that he can fly...not turn the latitude rider nut the wrong way.
Just my 10 cents worth.

Goffel