PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2008, 18:07
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new set of A/C (ERJ170,ERJ175), Better working conditions aswell as pay(here that it is bad here) would not go a miss and this could possible become a good little subsdary for BA.
I don't think you understand how these things work. BA don't care about working conditions as long as they can get workers (which they always will). All they care about is forcing down costs, so why would they offer better pay out of the kindness of their hearts?

GB Airlines-Holiday subsdairy-Great for those retired people who want to start and finish there holidays in style-Could of expanded the MAN ops into Egypt,Turkey and Portugal
BA have stated they don't want franchises, that's why they were happy to let it go. BA didn't own it, Bland group did. That's who sold it. BA are now operating a lot of ex. GB routes with their own planes. This is a good thing in my opinion.

BMED-Dont know if this was actually making something to BA but i reckon they could of bought it out then merged it into BA but kept the fleet on the same rotation etc.
BMED were also a franchise. Sold to bmi. I think they got a reasonable deal, so again, can't fault BA here.

As for CityFlyer, not sure how that's doing so can't comment.